Though there are thousands of drug and alcohol treatment centers throughout the country, not all facilities are created alike. Unfortunately, some centers lack suitable standards of client care, safety and treatment, which can lead to ineffective recovery or even dangerous outcomes.
The sheer number of options can be overwhelming for people seeking treatment, but finding a trustworthy facility is fortunately not as difficult as it may seem. Two important credentials signal a facility’s commitment to superior client care: accreditations and memberships with professional organizations.
Importance of Drug Rehab Accreditation
Accredited drug rehabilitation centers are facilities that meet specific standards set by reputable accrediting organizations. These accreditations show a facility participates in ongoing evaluations that monitor its drug and alcohol rehabilitation services. Essentially, accreditors ensure that facilities meet or exceed a certain standard of care.
Accreditation is done through onsite visits that examine facility staff, safety programs, client care, operations, policies and more. If a facility meets and continues to meet the expected standards, it will be accredited. This helps assure clients they are receiving quality care from a trustworthy source.
Importance of Membership in Professional Organizations
A facility’s membership status in professional organizations can signify a few things. Primarily, it shows that a facility has made an ongoing commitment to providing its staff and clients with the latest in evidence-based treatment techniques. Additionally, memberships serve as a way to show a facility’s transparency concerning business endeavors, financial obligations and client-business relationships.
We have several facilities throughout the country, each accredited by at least one of the nation’s two most prominent accrediting bodies. Our facilities are all licensed by the Department of Children and Families in their respective states.
The Joint Commission
The Joint Commission, formerly known as JCAHO, is the second-largest accrediting body in the nation for drug rehab programs. Accreditation from The Joint Commission involves an objective evaluation process that requires facilities to meet specific standards involving patient care, individual safety and overall quality.
Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF)
CARF is another highly reputable accrediting body that evaluates addiction treatment and dual diagnosis programs throughout the United States, Canada and Europe. The organization accredits 90 different types of programs related to health care.
Department of Children and Families (DCF)
In Florida, licensure from the DCF means a rehab facility adheres to specific guidelines that ensure safety and treatment validity. Licensure requires facility inspections and background checks on particular staff members.
Facilities in our nationwide network and many of our staff hold memberships with a number of organizations dedicated to addiction treatment. We are also members of organizations that ensure our business interactions adhere to a high standard.
National Association of Addiction Treatment Providers (NAATP)
Our rehab facilities are members of the NAATP, an organization that provides its members with ongoing support and training services. Membership with the NAATP indicates that a treatment provider is dedicated to serving not only its clients but also its professional staff and leadership.
National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)
Advanced Recovery Systems and three of our specific treatment centers have been recognized by the National Board of Certified Counselors as Approved Continuing Education Providers. The NBCC works closely with its continuing education providers to ensure that they maintain the highest standards in mental health training.
Better Business Bureau (BBB)
Many of The Recovery Village Drug and Alcohol Rehab facilities are BBB-accredited businesses. The BBB is an organization that ensures businesses treat consumers with a quality level of care. Our accreditation proves we are committed to handling client concerns and complaints in a trustworthy and professional manner.
Chambers of Commerce
Our memberships with local and U.S. Chambers of Commerce allow us to operate our business at the highest level, ensuring that we can provide leadership, staff, clients and fellow businesses with exceptional service and support.
Our Chamber of Commerce Memberships
- Colorado Springs Chamber & EDC
- Castle Rock Chamber of Commerce
- Eastern Plains Chamber of Commerce
- Fountain Valley Chamber of Commerce
- The Greater Woodland Park Chamber of Commerce
- South Metro Denver Chamber
- Southern Colorado Women’s Chamber of Commerce
- Tri-Lakes Chamber of Commerce
- Parker Area Chamber of Commerce
- The Greater Pueblo Chamber
- Pickerington Area Chamber of Commerce
- Whitehall Area Chamber of Commerce
- Canal Winchester Area Chamber of Commerce
- Bexley Area Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Columbus Chamber of Commerce
- New Albany Chamber of Commerce
- Lancaster Fairfield County Chamber of Commerce
- Westerville Area Chamber of Commerce
- Hillard Area Chamber of Commerce
- Dublin Chamber of Commerce
- Licking County Chamber of Commerce
- Delaware Area Chamber of Commerce
- Zanesville- Muskingum County Chamber of Commerce
- Yellow Springs Chamber of Commerce
- Dayton Area Chamber of Commerce
Our Professional Staff
In addition to each facility’s memberships, our clinicians, therapists and medical staff maintain memberships with numerous professional organizations to stay informed of recent developments and innovations in their respective fields. Some of the organizations represented by our team include:
- American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM)
- American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry (AAAP)
- American Psychiatric Association (APA)
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
- American Counseling Association (ACA)
- National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT)
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
- American Psychiatric Nurses Association (APNA)
- American Nurses Association (ANA)
- American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA)
- International Association of Eating Disorder Professionals (IAEDP)
- International Association of Trauma Professionals (IATP)
TheRecoveryVillage.com and its affiliated websites are all certified by LegitScript, a service that monitors our online operations and ensures compliance with internet laws and regulations.